Pursuing a healthy lifestyle has always been a passion of mine, but during different seasons of life, I have not made it a priority like I want. I am so thankful for my online fitness community! It really is one of the biggest reasons I have been consistent in my healthy lifestyle the last few years. And it continues to challenge me!
It took me a while to find a specific community with which to engage, and for a while, I followed lots of random people. I still do follow some random people. Following too many random people can create confusion sometimes because there are so many versions of healthy out there. I recently (last fall) decided to narrow it down and focus in on one specific community. This has really helped me with accountability. I thought I’d share why I chose Tone It Up. Maybe, it will help you find an online fitness community that works for you.
Why I chose Tone It Up:
- It isn’t based on a quick weight loss gimmick, and emphasizes solid nutritional principles. There is no pill, no trick to losing 20 lbs in 2 weeks or whatever outrageous claims you always hear. We have to face reality that there is no quick way to lose weight that creates long term results.
- It puts an emphasis on a lifestyle. It isn’t a short term diet, but a long term way to live.
- You don’t starve yourself on the plan. You eat lots of healthy, nutritious, whole foods.
- It isn’t just a business. It’s a community. When you can take a business and make it feel personal, you know your heart and soul are in it. I see this with how my husband pours himself into the family business. A business can be about the people you are serving not the money.
- It’s all about inspiration, not comparison. I’m challenged but not discouraged by what I see. I have all these women around the world encouraging me, and I get to encourage them as well! Recently, I connected with some local TIU girls, and I can’t wait to get to know them better.
- It’s not expensive – it’s a one time cost. And you can just enjoy the free content without becoming a member although I’m so glad I did.
- Tone It Up’s values line up with my personal values. Share, Love, Inspire, Sweat.
If you want to prioritize your health in 2017, find an online fitness community that…
- Is based on a healthy lifestyle.
- Puts an emphasis on eating a variety of whole and healthy foods.
- Makes you feel a part of a bigger community.
- Inspires you.
- Doesn’t break your bank.
- Matches your own values.
Hoping you find in this new year a healthier one than the year before! Xoxo, Liz
One thought on “Finding an Online Fitness Community”