I was the odd kid growing up that liked vegetables more than fruit, and I carried that into adulthood. I really didn’t start to enjoy fruit until about 3 years ago. I thought eating lots of vegetables was enough, but it isn’t. We need both, and I realized after taking a wellness quiz that I really wasn’t eating fruit at all. So I started to try to find ways to eat more fruit.
Here are some quick tips that helped me to eat more fruit…
- take 10-15 minutes after grocery shopping to wash it & put it in bowls to make it easy to eat
- put fast spoiling fruit in mason jars like berries so it lasts all week
- pick fruits that are easy to eat on the go like bananas, clementines, grapes
- add it to your morning snack ~ my favorite is yogurt topped with fruit & a little granola
- make fruit your dessert in the evenings ~ mix a few types of fruit together, drizzle with some melted peanut butter & sprinkle with a few dark chocolate chips
- add it to your breakfast in the morning by making a smoothie ~ you can prep these in advance in baggies so you have a variety
- buy fruits you love at first & then start adding in new fruits to retrain your taste buds ~ yes you can retrain your taste buds
- grab fruit each time you want to grab something with processed sugar
Leave a tip in the comments with how you eat more fruit!