There are times I am so busy I don’t have time to do a lot of planning, meal prep, or cooking. I have found however that I can still eat healthy. Here are some ways I eat healthy even when I am busy:
- Stock a snack bowl with items you can grab for lunch like yogurt (with granola), light cheesesticks, single serve hummus, single serve carrots. For more snack bowl ideas, check out this post.
- Grill or cook in the crockpot a bunch of chicken at the beginning of the week. If you make enough, you can use this chicken for wraps, salads, and as the main dish for dinner.
- Buy bags of pre-cut lettuce. Throw on some light cheese, sunflowers, & grilled chicken for a quick meal.
- Take protein shakes & protein bars with you when you know you need to eat in the car instead of going through the drive-thru.
- If you do have time to cook a meal, double it for later in the week or lunch leftovers.
- Figure out some quick meals & keep the ingredients on hand. For some of my quick & healthy meal ideas, check out this post.
What are some of your healthy on-the-go ideas?