I get asked frequently what resources and recipes I use for our keto eating. I’ve sent out emails and messages to people (even strangers) with a list of some of my go-to’s. And I get asked how to find the recipes for the food I post.
So really this post is long over due and maybe will make it easier for me to share and others to find what is most helpful for them.
If you haven’t checked out my other keto blog posts, I’ll link them here:
My Keto Update (with more Keto Resources)
We are still loving our keto lifestyle, and I think finding a rhythm of keto cycling that will work for us. The foodie in me is happy, and we are able to still enjoy splurging. At the same time, we are more mindful of how much better we feel with more of a keto eating mindset. I have found keto eating has helped me become a more intuitive eater and really understand my hunger hormones even more!
But that’s not why you are reading this post, so let’s get to the good stuff. The food!
I have said this before, but I LOVE looking for recipes. I am a collector of recipes – more than I can ever make in my lifetime! Hopefully, what I have narrowed down in this post is helpful!
About three to four of our meals each week are simply a meat and veggie. Some examples:
- chicken sausage (whole 30 approved version) and cauliflower roasted in air fryer – drizzle after cooking with Primal Kitchen Ranch Dressing or Special Sauce
- turkey or beef burgers with toppings (pickles, mayo, etc) plus a side salad with avocado dressing
- Air Fryer fish with a side of roasted asparagus or broccoli topped with Primal Kitchen Tartar Sauce
*I try to add “fat” to each meal to make it more satiating and full.
I then make a couple meals that require more ingredients or cooking time to keep things interesting. Sometimes it’s based on something we are in the mood for – like this week I am making a “Bang Bang “shrimp salad.
To find my inspiration, here are some of the websites I look at and some notes about each! You will find that most of the keto blog sites and recipes I share are whole food based and dairy free.
- Perfect Keto – Love their cauliflower pizza crust – it is soooooo good!
- Primal Kitchen – Love all their products! I love sauces so being on keto and having these handy is so nice. They are also a way to add extra fat to the meal.
- Paleo Running Momma – She tags her keto recipes, but even her paleo ones are easy to modify to fit a keto lifestyle.
- Healthy Little Peach – I wish I would have found her site sooner in my keto journey – she has great recipes!
- All Day Long I Dream About Food – It seems like every time I try to find a low carb version of something, this site comes up, and I’ve loved the recipes I’ve tried! And who doesn’t dream about food all day!
- Fit Men Cook – He tags his low carb recipes. And I find that even picky men love his recipes!
- Bullet Proof – And if you have an Instant Pot try the keto recipes linked here!
- The Whole Cook – I just found her but I’m looking forward to trying more of her keto tagged recipes!
Some random recipes that have been some of our favorites –
- Buffalo Cauliflower “Nachos” – seriously these are so good! I use rotisserie chicken to make this recipe even easier.
- Parmesan Garlic Wings – my hubby loves these because he loves Bdubs Parmesan garlic wings.
- Paleo Running Momma Burger Bowl – we make modified versions of this weekly!
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Cauliflower – I skip roasting the garlic and just add fresh.
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip – I add riced cauliflower to the bottom of the pan and make it more of a casserole.
- Waffles – We did the savory version for burger buns, and they were the best version of “bread” we have had. And I’ve tried a few options.
- Tortillas – I love a good tex-mex inspired bowl, but sometimes you just want tacos! These hit the spot!
- Air Fryer Brussels – I air fry every type of veggie. This recipe would be good with cauliflower, broccoli or even green beans! If you don’t add oil prior to air frying, make sure to add some after. Adding extra fat is so important on keto to keep you satisfied!
You can’t forget desserts!
- Fat Bombs – These are my hubby’s favorite dessert! They are so easy too! We limit our portion size to two small fat bombs.
- Peanut Butter Cookies – I don’t have a website for this so I’m posting the recipe on my blog. I got this recipe I believe from an Instagram post by Dr. Axe. I honestly don’t remember 100%. And I did modify it by adding in collagen powder.
- Spoonful of nut butter + 1 Tbs 85% dark chocolate chips – hits the spot when you don’t have time to make something!
Hope this post gives you some helpful ideas! Let me know what you try or comment with your own ideas!
Xo, Liz 😘